Skip to main content

The Importance of Creating a Healthy Work-Life Balance

 



I'm so passionate about this topic because, for more than a year, I have been working from home for different firms as a content writer; so basically it's been convenient for me. Secondly, I have written about it a lot, so I get questions about how to work from home and what kind of jobs to do. So I'll share how I recently got another content writing job.


I started working with a real estate firm in the UAE last month, and all I can say is it's a dream come true! I have desired to work from home since I became a mom, and that has been working in my favour, thank God. Unlike the other content writing jobs I had that I was offered the position 'like a boss' without going through any test, this job was different and for some reasons, I loved the challenge I went through.


Earlier this year, someone sent a mail to me asking if I am a content writer, to which I sluggishly affirmed because I wondered how he knew. Days later, I was given a task to write about a gaming website which I found interesting to write about. Last month, he messaged me about a real estate company in Dubai hiring content writers for their company, and I should send an email. I did that, and I got a reply immediately asking for my previous contents and to complete a task of 2000 words, Woah! at this point, my son's noise was reaching the heavens :) anyway, I left him with his caretaker and concentrated on completing the task - the due date was the next day. I turned in the task the next day ( as efficient as I can be) and a few days later, I got an email that warmed my heart - not only did they find my content exciting but they were glad to make me part of the team :) I have been with them for more than a month and trust me, I'm delighted to be part of the team.


Why am I sharing this? Because I want to encourage anyone hoping to work from home not to get frustrated- keep working hard & smart, build your work portfolio and reply any email you get because the reality is, working from home is achievable. There are various jobs you can do from home ( I've written about a few HERE and HEREbut I have always loved content creation, and that's why I created this blog 10 years ago and actively started blogging 5 years ago. During my master's degree in business psychology, I realized the sky is the starting point of creativity. 


There's a vast amount of ideas that can be useful for your career, it only requires applying your thinking and creativity skills.


The benefits of working from home as a blogger and content writer for the real estate firm are:

  • I have the luxury of working when I want to.
  • I'm always with my family.
  • There's a healthy work-life balance.
  • It's easier to set & achieve my goals. 
  • I don't necessarily have to work from home, I can work wherever I choose to (Catch up with me in cafes cause I'm usually there)
  • Creativity is the best way to learn and grow. 
  • I'm doing what I love.


So,  how did I get here?


- I start fitting the job description years ago. 


- I have been an active blogger. 


- I realized I can be who I want to be if I work smart. 


- Being consistent as a blogger paid off


- I've been optimistic about what I do.


- I created my own writing style.


- I have an imagery bin where all negative comments go (not positive criticism but actually negative comments)


- I have worked as a content writer for other firms - marketing, photography and fashion.


- I built my online presence and portfolio.


- I apply for content writing jobs when necessary. 

In summary, you can also apply to job sites ( check out job search tips HEREand don't forget to tell a friend to tell to a friend, you might just be surprised at what you will get.

Comments

  1. Always so inspiring my love❤ keep up the good work my lovely daughter. Mum is always proud of u.😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so