Skip to main content

Which do you prefer- Knitting yarn or Brazilian yarn braids?




Yarn style has been my favourite protective hairdo for the past 6 years. The first time I braided my hair with yarn, I felt I had seen the light!

I have used both knitting yarn and Brazilian yarn, but in my opinion, they are different. I prefer the knitting yarn because it gives my braids a kinky look, while Brazilian looks like braiding extensions. The knitting yarn also makes my braids look full with curvy ends, while the Brazilian wool looks scanty and straight, except you add more strands.


I made my hair a few days ago with 5 rolls of knitting yarn, and I immediately thought of what I had been missing. I honestly wish I had pictures of my Brazilian yarn braids so you could see the difference. Anyway, I will update this post in future with the photos. My current braids are actually half braids and half thread. If you look closely, you will see that the braids aren't done to the tips. I wanted to do something different, and I loved the outcome.

Interestingly, I found some pictures of the yarn braids I made years ago. Check it out below.

Yarn Fringe,  taken in 2016

Yarn shoulder length. Taken in 2016

Shoulder Length. Taken in 2017

Yarn Braids. Taken in 2019










































 

Comments

  1. “Thank you so much for sharing. I have found it extremely helpful…Are you looking for the best hair salon in Toronto? Look no further than The Cabinet Salon. Trust us for the best hair salon experience in Toronto. Visit today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so