Skip to main content

Frugal birthday party ideas for your little one

                                         

My son turned two last week; I know, right, how time flies! Initially, we didn't want to do

so much on that day, but if you've ever lived with a spontaneous person, you'll understand how easy it is to develop an idea and make it work. Well, my husband and I are alike in that way. We decided to celebrate his birthday by having an intimate party with our closest friends. At the end of the day, we (and our precious boy) were happy we spent quality time on that special day with the most fabulous people in our lives. 

                                                

The idea of having an intimate party for him was because we realized that we could do most of the work ourselves. Also, I used to look forward to my mom's special homemade cake & snacks on my birthday, and I want my son to have the same feeling (I hope he does). I decided to blog about it because this might be an idea worth trying for your little one if you have the time to do so.

                                                          

The Plan

We shared the work according to our strengths and skills. My husband handled the decorations while I baked the cake and cupcakes, cooked the food, and we had help from someone.

The Menu

We didn't go overboard with the meal, I did what I could do, and everyone enjoyed themselves :). 

Paratha & Chicken Sauce.

- Nigerian fried rice, check out the recipe HERE.

- Popcorn.

Cupcakes: Blue, Chocolate and Pink Cupcakes.

and of course soft drinks & juice

                                        

Many parents say they only want to throw a party for their kids when they are old enough to understand and appreciate it, while others have a different opinion. Whatever the case may be, the most important thing is that your child is a year older, and that is a huge blessing! I'm glad we could do what we did, it wasn't much, but it was from our heart. If you plan to have an intimate, heartfelt and frugal birthday party for your little one, I hope this post inspires you.

I want to use this opportunity to wish my friend's son a happy birthday. She plans to do something similar to this post for his birthday.

Check out more frugal birthday party ideas HERE. Meanwhile, I'd like to know your experience with throwing a heartfelt birthday party for your baby/toddler in the comment section.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so