Skip to main content

Causes of writer's block - and how to overcome it

 

                                         

In all my years of blogging, 2021 has taught me to endure the 'excrutiating' writer's

block pain. Okay, let me drop the drama right there! As a writer, I can't begin to narrate the frustration of being unable to create content. In short, it is a state of being in desperate need of immense creativity. I decided to pen down my frustration by creating a writer's block occurrence pattern. 

The discovery made me more aware that my loss of ability to create original content is due to the mundane lifestyle I currently live. Writer's block is commonly caused by emotional and psychological issues. But, to a large extent, I can attribute the cause of my inability to write content to physical stress and lifestyle changes such as:

1. Working from one particular location. Change of scenery inspires me a lot.

2. Creating a balance as work from home mom- my toddler, is a handful.

3. Having a basic routine for the past few months.

4. Lack of spontaneity.

My first reaction to this ah-ha moment was to make notes about it, and fortunately, it led me to create this blog post. I wish the joy I felt after overcoming writer's block could be attached to this post. Going forward, I have decided to make some changes to my lifestyle, especially as a work from home mom, since that gives me the blank mind anyway. For the remaining days in July, I will:

- Be spontaneous.

- Go out during the day; my schedule has drastically changed, so I am a nightie again.

- Try something new.

- Stay positive.

- Take one step at a time.

- Connect with people online and offline.

- Have more alone time whenever I can.

Over to you, I'd like to know how you've dealt with writer's block.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so