Skip to main content

Can lazy habits really make you more productive?

                                                  


I read an article on how laziness improves productivity recently. If you want to know what

made me read it, I guess it is my affinity for weird information 😂. Anyway, my interest in this contradictory article paved the way for a deeper analysis of motivation. I mean, contrary to how people talk about ways to achieve perfection or similar things through what seems to be the right way, not all routes lead to the same destination. The things we might be most scared of or even dread might just be what we need to get us in the right direction. The parts of the article that got me thinking are:

1. Productivity is about more than how much you get done in a day; it is about getting as much done as possible, in as little time, and with as little effort as possible.

2. When you try to do everything, you end up putting a mountain of strain on yourself, and before long, you’re so frazzled you can barely function. 

3. You might think that the best way to get something done is to start and not stop until that task or project is complete, but the truth is that the longer you focus on something without taking a break – the less you end up achieving. So learn to break up your day into manageable intervals of not more than 90 minutes and take 10-minute breaks in between.

4. When you try to do everything at once, it’s easy to make mistakes or forget what you’re supposed to be doing, then you scramble trying to get it done at the last minute.

In general, there are some parts of the article I agree with and disagree with. For instance, personal, I agree that taking breaks and not always saying yes can improve productivity; however, I don't believe that doing one thing at a time and thinking small can make you more productive. However, it all depends on the individual's ability.

It is therefore important to note that I am not promoting laziness, neither am I insinuating that laziness is the best way to be productive; the essence of this post is to remind us that life indeed is short, taking a step back to listen to our minds, bodies and be more realistic with ourselves can, in fact, help us to be more productive.

Phew, this is the end of my opinion on laziness and productivity :) I'd like to know what you think about this and some of the lazy habits that make you more productive in the comment section. You can read the article HERE



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so