Skip to main content

My help comes from the Lord


For a while, I have been thinking a lot about so many things- trivial and important, but with the mindset

of desiring a change. To be honest, I started getting a bit worried and anxious about my thoughts. Anxiety and I are not partners at all; it literally throws me off balance and lands me in a clinic if I'm not careful. Anyway, I decided to make the best of the moment by praying about all my thoughts and committing my plans to His hands. Some hours later, I saw a church program's notification (RCCG) on Instagram. I tuned in and was truly blessed by the songs and messages I listened to. What struck me was the particular message from Psalms 121:1-2. 1A song of ascents. I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? 2My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.…

The preacher explained his understanding of the verses in a way that resonated with me. My take from the message are:

- If you look around for help, you will get opinions of others which may or may not be what God wants for you, but when you look up to God, you will get help from the Lord.

- Be intentional about your desired change. 

- I will lift up my eyes means I know and trust that God's promises for my life will come to pass when I look up to Him.

- God created all things, so He definitely knows you and wants the best for you.

Whatever you are going through, speak to the Lord about it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so