There's a commonly-held belief that Dubai is one of the world's most expensive cities; however,there are some life hacks to help you save a few dirhams when visiting. In my opinion, this guide isn't for tourists alone, residents can benefit from it because if you are not careful, you might incur unnecessary bills and stress when there are easier ways to plan to have fun without emptying your bank account. These are some ways to plan your trip on a budget:
1. Book your flight and hotel ahead of time using websites that give the best rates.
2. Don’t include breakfast in your hotel booking because this will increase the hotel rate.
6. If you don’t have health insurance and your intention of visiting the hospital isn’t an emergency, wait till you return to your home country.
7. Plan your meals, don’t practice gluttony in the UAE.
8. If possible, go to places of attraction in groups as they tend to offer group discounts.
9. For regular discounted items, visit shopping centres like Day to Day, Gift Center, Marjan Discount Center, and Dragon Mart. Additionally, some malls usually have discount seasons watch out for the seasons (Christmas, Valentines, etc.)
10. Be sure to know the laws wherever you go to avoid getting fined (you don’t want this).
If you have any suggestions, let me know in the comment section.