Skip to main content

Simple self-care ideas for stressed moms


 

There’s no doubt that being a parent can be one of the most joyful yet challenging things,

especially when your children are still so little. I was discussing with my husband a few days ago about how distant I feel from the world and what’s going on around. For a while, I have been preoccupied with relocation and the changes that come with it that I haven’t had some alone time. It’s been overwhelming!


I decided at one point to stop stressing and worrying over what I can’t control and be present in what I can control. The pandemic doesn’t even make it easy: so many restrictions on where to go, some kids play areas being shut down and the constant reminder to be extremely cautious. Unfortunately, I haven't got accustomed to the new norm still.

At a point, I decided to take care of myself to be strong for my family, whenever I feel stressed, I try to:

  • Get some air.
  • Write about my day.
  • Practice mindfulness. 
  • Play some games.
  • Read an article. 
  • Sleep whenever I can.

There are days I don’t do exactly what I wrote, so I just do nothing at all. These simple things can go a long way. The truth about self-care is it is ultimately relative, therefore, do what you can as long as it isn't a sin :)

I believe other mums may be going through my ordeal, I just want you to know that together we will be alright.


Finally, I remind myself about the reality of life, such as:

  • Not all days will be like this.
  • Nothing lasts forever. 
  • I may need to get some rest.
  • I am doing a great job.
  • Talking about it may help. 

Hey mums, what are your self-care ideas/tips?

Comments

  1. It is well with u my love ❤️. U are a great mum doing great with God on your side.😍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so