Skip to main content

Getting real about my post-baby body

 





Hey guys, how is your weekend going? Mine is going well (thank you for asking 😊) So, I have

a story to share with you guys. I can share this now because it’s over a year ago I gave birth and I've lost that fat, although most of my friends don't believe I had so much weight when I was pregnant. I weighed 63kg before pregnancy, the day I gave birth, I weighed 79kg, wow, I still can't believe my body blew up that much :). 2 weeks after I gave birth, a lady was shocked to see my tummy wasn't so big anymore. I wondered why then she explained she’s still struggling to lose her baby fat so I understood what she meant. 


For those wondering what this is all about, it is the fat you are left with after giving birth. To put it casually, it is the fat your baby makes you have and then leaves you with after you give birth. 

Most ladies struggle to get rid of it, I actually thought it was gonna take years for me to get back to my actual weight but it took about 4 months to go back to my ideal weight i.e what I weighed before I got married. Of course, my body isn't entirely the same as before but praise God for everything...


I wasn’t in a hurry to lose weight because of how social media makes ladies feel, I did it because I just wanted to feel comfortable in my skin again. It wasn't easy though but one major thing that helped was not stressing so much about it a lot (yeah there were times I felt bad when I saw my old pictures 😬) other things that helped are:

  • Working out. 
  • Eating healthily. (not all the time but I thought about it always). 
  • Wearing waist trainers. 
  • Getting involved in various activities. 
  • Taking care of my mental health. 
  • Monitoring my weight daily. 

I didn’t need a dietician or fitness coach to help me, my husband was in charge of monitoring my progress. So, this is my story.


Over to you, how did you get your body back?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so