Skip to main content

When you are hurting...



Someone reached out to me a couple of days ago to express how heartbroken
he feels. According to him, it was worse than physical pain and it felt as if his heart was literally bleeding. What a sad thing to experience!

So many thoughts were going through his head on what to do to get immediate relief but on the flip side, he knew that wasn't the solution. I was glad to know he still had the mind to think about something positive however all he needed from me was to listen and encourage him, (I am writing about it with his permission).

In my case when I experienced something similar some years back, I didn’t deal with it the right way. I allowed myself not to feel the intensity of the situation and acted like nothing happened; I built a gigantic wall in my heart. Of course, I later had to deal with it and I started wishing I had done that earlier. Being hurt isn’t only felt when a relationship goes south, the same level of pain could also be felt when a friendship or business partnership takes an unexpected negative turn.

Some negative ways that may get you immediate relief and a long term pain are:

- Total avoidance of the situation (not addressing it).
- Drug abuse.
- Transfer of aggression.
-  Express your emotions or insult the person on social media.


My suggestions for those who may be in this situation are:

- Talk about it with someone you can trust and will be willing to listen.
- Give yourselves some time, this may be hard but it will be worth it.
- Cry it all out but don't get sick.
- Express yourself through something creative.
- Avoid looking at photos that will bring back memories.
- Learn from the experience.

REMEMBER THESE

- There is no point watering a plant that refuses to let in your sunshine.
- It isn't the end of the world.

How have you dealt with hurt in the past?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so