Skip to main content

How I learned to make my hair myself


Happy new month everyone!! I hope you are all doing well and staying safe? Today's
post is about what I enjoy doing: my hair. I made this yarn braids by myself a few days ago and wow, I can't believe I'm still good at it (the last time I made my hair by myself was about a year ago). If someone had told me two decades ago that I'll be able to style my hair myself, I don't think I would have believed it but here I am today. For those who may be wondering how I learned to style my hair myself, this is my story.

It all started when I was much younger, I can't remember how old I was exactly but I wasn't up to 10 years old, my mom was my hairstylist and I used to stress her a lot when she wants to my hair by explaining how exactly I want my hair to look and if she doesn't get the style right, I'd be so sad. It got to a point that couldn't handle my reactions anymore so she cut my hair: that was when I knew I had to learn how to get what I want. I started practicing on the dolls she bought me, this helped tremendously. From then on, I was more confident in weaving my hair and embraced the mistakes I made, I also watched lots of youtube videos, learned from others, and so on. 


There was a period I made my hair a lot especially in the year 2016, I didn't visit the salon even for a day, it was like a personal challenge and I still can't believe I did over 20 hairstyles by myself. 

If you want to learn how to style your hair, my advice is that you:

- Keep practicing 
- Watch lots of youtube videos
- Learn from the mistakes

Over to you, what are you so good at?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so