Skip to main content

Let self-love grow from within


Being a blogger exposes me to a wide range of experiences and gives me the
opportunity to share those experiences here. It also makes me aware of what people go through based on the feedback I receive. Whenever people tell me to share their stories, it gladdens my heart because I know it will be of encouragement to someone.

Last week, a lady shared her experience with me on body positivity and how she grew to love herself. She told me what she went through as a teenager affected her a lot and made her feel she couldn't fit into anything perfectly. She hated a part of her body and this was in a time when embracing curves wasn't advocated for (more than 20 years ago). She later relocated to another country when she got married and realized what she hated was what other ladies paid a lot of money to get. This made her appreciate her body and know that no one is perfect. Her conclusion about this is now she's a mother of four children, she looks much better than she was as a teenager because we all change and can also encourage her children if they ever go through such.



In summary, love yourself the way you are, nobody is perfect. Don’t wish to be like someone else because you don’t know what a person is struggling with, don't measure self-love based on how others love you. God uniquely created you with special 'ingredients' so don’t let what people say get you down.

However, due to some things beyond one’s control like accidents, people could change. I can’t imagine how difficult it may be for those to finally come to terms with their new reality but I pray to God that you find peace and comfort...... you are beautiful.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so