Skip to main content

Tips for Managing Mood Swings



As people say 'a mindset shift results in a behavioral change', I know what it's like to experience mood changes and have no idea why it happened. What exactly can we say
causes this? I tried figuring out when exactly I experience it and the cause. What I discovered was that the shifts in mood was usually caused by stress and premenstrual syndrome.

There are other factors that can contribute to this but I decided to try to always be prepared for times like that (even when I don't see it coming).

The first thing I do is to assess my behavior especially when I just don't feel like myself, secondly I reflect on my reactions to situations and when I know I'm having a different mood which can affect my behavior, I do things differently like:

- Change my routine.
- Speak with family.
- Avoid taking irrational decisions.
- Long sleep.
- Smile at random people (it doesn't hurt).
- Take a long bath. 
- Get a new hair do.
- Listen to music.
- Change my sleep position.
- Visit a park.
- Attend a social event.
- Exercise.
 
Happiness, positive mindset and a better mood is a choice even when it seems like it can't be achieved. These verses Proverbs 17:22 “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 15:13 “A joyful heart makes a cheerful countenance, but sorrow of the heart crushes the spirit.” motivate
me to strive for happiness at all cost, as long as it isn't a sin.

How do you manage mood swings?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so