Skip to main content

My Experience with some Kids' learning videos



Now that schools in the UAE are closed as one of the precautionary measures against coronavirus
, I guess this is the best time to be careful what you allow your children to watch.

I read a post by Mike Bamiloye a few days ago on Instagram check it out HERE and I decided to also share my experience.

Firstly, when I heard stories of parents being uncomfortable with the videos their children watch on YouTube, it made me more intentional about listening to the songs I play for my son. He loves watching kids music videos these days and it’s also the perfect way to get him distracted when I need to do other things however, there was a particular song about the alphabet that got me concerned. 

(Disclaimer: this is what I wasn’t comfortable with and I’m sharing my experience). 

Back to the story, the song goes like this A is for Apple...... W is for witch 🥺 I wasn’t comfortable with that at all so I changed the song. Some days later, the song that was being played was ‘he’s got the whole world in his hands’ which is a great song but I started hearing ‘she’s got the fishes in the sea, we’ve got this and that’. Who is she? Who are we? The one I know is God’s got the whole world in His hands.

This isn't to say I haven't listened to wonderful kids' songs, there are wonderful songs that teach colors, shapes, bible verses and positivity in a fun way.

Anyway, I haven’t seen or heard any weirder songs and I don’t wish to. I just feel as parents, we should be aware of what our children listen to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so