Skip to main content

How to reduce screen time for babies




Whenever I go out with my son or involve him in activities he loves, he sleeps better at
night but now we are always at home, I usually make him watch his favorite kids programs. 

To be honest, I started getting a bit worried and guilty when I noticed he spends an insane amount of time watching TV, I had to read about the advantages and disadvantage of screen time. 

Pros

- It keeps them distracted.
- It makes them happy.
- It improves their behavior as they mimic what they see.

Cons

- It may have an adverse effect on their eyes.
- It could make them less physically active.

With what I read, I decided to ask some mums how they keep their babies active while limiting screen time. These were the tips they shared with me:

- Sing and dance with him.
- Read to him.
- Play peekaboo. 
- Let him play with so many safe toys.
- Play the audio version of his favorite songs.
- Massage him.
- Discuss with him, you might be surprised how he will respond.


Some of the advice I got about keeping him active were:

- It might be a little difficult to engage him in various activities as he isn't up to 9 months but with time, it will be easier to find ways to keep him busy.

- Be careful so you won't indirectly get yourself exhausted. Make sure he is doing more of the activities so you won't get tired.

- Babies sometimes know the kind of games they want to play so just follow his lead.

- Make sure the toys are totally safe so he won't hurt himself.

- Don't feel guilty if you have to make him watch his favorite program, sometimes you can't just help it.

- Reduce the brightness of the tv or Ipad

- Know the songs he loves so it will be easier to play the audio version

How do you keep your baby engaged?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so