Skip to main content

My Idea of a Happy Mom


Since I gave birth to my son 6 months ago, I have joined other moms to say 'being
a mom is really life changing', I now get why they say that. The sooner I got used to the fact that things are not the same anymore, the better it was for me to know what's expected. The truth is I learn everyday, I can't say I'm totally used to it because motherhood is a lifelong learning process and I'm loving every bit of it.

Being a '24/7 happy mother' may seem unrealistic but I believe it is up to me to choose what kind of mom I want to be to my son (and of course wife to my husband). In the long run, it will have a positive impact on my family's mood.

What I do these days to be a happier mom are:

- Practice the act of mindfulness 
- Accept my mistakes and learn from it

- Celebrate milestones
- Let go of expectations
- Concentrate on my journey (life is not a competition)
- Practice Christ love (pure and genuine love)
- Develop a healthy communication skills 
- Have some family time
- Express my emotions in a healthy way 

This is a follow up on the post I wrote on energy tips for tired moms.  Incase you missed it, you can check it out HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so