Skip to main content

Truth Thursday



Hi guys,

Today's truth Thursday is on my eating habit and how I intend to work on it.

I've always had a very poor eating habit for a while. Guess it's been this way since I
was a child, in fact, I heard a lot about how it was stressful getting me to eat when I was much younger. At first I thought it just had to do with disliking a range of food but I noticed I wasn't even eating what I liked regularly.

The fact that I wasn't eating like others began to affect my thinking and the way I felt about myself to the extent that I stopped eating in public in order to avoid the comments from people like it’s too little, eat more vegetables, you will get fat with all those carbs (yes, I know they say those things because they genuinely care but I wasn't just able to...… eat..... quite difficult to explain). 

I had to do a 'little research' to find out what could be the problem which led me to  avoidance/restrictive food intake disorder. Some of the symptoms were totally relatable, I realized my eating habit can either get better by making a conscious and deliberate effort to change, with the help of a professional or will go on its on; I chose to make an effort to change.

I have been on this journey for about a month and have observed some positive changes in the way I eat. The steps I took below have tremendously improved my eating habit:

  • Taking fruits
  • Drinking lots of water
  • Reducing my sugar intake
  • Eating breakfast 
  • Adding coleslaw to my meals

I am Sharing this with you to raise awareness of this type of condition for those who might have been wondering what is wrong with them (the way I did for so long) and to also be accountable for my decision to change.

Disclaimer 

I didn't get diagnosed with this condition from a professional, I only noticed the symptoms I read  were similar to what I have been experiencing and the way I am going about the change doesn’t involve taking medications but rather a conscious and deliberate effort to have a change of habit. It is easy for me to work on ensuring I achieve a positive result because of my professional background in psychology and to some extent, I have experienced a positive change. However, if I feel the need to seek professional help, then I will. If this relates to you and have tried making a deliberate effort to change with no positive result, I'd suggest to speak to a therapist or a clinical psychologist. 

You can see more HERE


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so