Skip to main content

The Benefits of Having Alone Time



There was a time in my life I couldn’t tell the difference between having a 'me time' from being lonely, this made me put
in more effort to get out of my comfort zone by interacting with people, meeting new people, going for workshops/events and even smile back at people. I was able to make new friends and build a better relationship with the existing ones. 

Till today, they play a significant role in my life and I enjoy being in their company but initially, it made creating some alone time difficult because I was either busy with activities or meeting up with them/having them come over whenever I’m free.

Though it's awesome to do things I enjoyed, I realized I wasn’t creating time for myself. I started having some alone time to read books, listen to music, sleep and rest more, work on my business plans, take long walks, meditate, pray, be creative and basically just do things alone.


After a while, I notice a huge difference in my lifestyle. Some of my observations were that I:

Was resting better

Learned new things about myself and my environment

Appreciated the times I got to be alone

Finished my tasks faster 

Became more productive 

Was able to clear my mind and be more rational in my decision making 

Became a better friend (as they noticed a more positive and happier me)

This may not be easy to start if it’s not your typical way of life, nonetheless, because the experience will have a great impact on you, making a deliberate effort can get you on the right track. 
It doesn’t have it be every day just make sure it works with your lifestyle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so