I joined LinkedIn in 2014 and became an active member in 2017 because I didn't know how
to be active on the platform. When I became on organization coach, I was told that being an active
member on LinkedIn will help gain more clients and be seen for what I do. I got my first coaching
client in 2018 from LinkedIn and I got to collaborate with people I met on LinkedIn on some
projects. Initially, it wasn't easy to be active because I did not know what to do but I started out by:
- Following people who had similar profile,
- Writing posts and articles about what I do, my experiences, positive affirmations,
- Reading articles on coaching, team work, psychology,
- Commenting on peoples post to share my point of view, celebrate their achievements and get more clarity on the post,
- Publishing posts about my interests ( in gaining more clients, collaborations on projects etc.),
- Connecting with people by having private chats with them.
After a while, I moved back to the UAE from Nigeria and got a job request on LinkedIn because
they had gone through my profile and wanted me to work for them.
When people express their inability to become an active member on LinkedIn, I share these steps I
took and it helps them in their own way.