Skip to main content

Pink-haired waitress is left with no tip because 'tips are only for normal-looking people’

zombieburger.jpg
An Iowa waitress was stiffed on a tip by a customer who had a problem with her pink hair.
Taelor Beeck, a waitress  at Des Moines's popular Zombie Burger, this week was  left a receipt with unsolicited advice instead of money.

The Des Moines Register reports that the bill came up to $17.26, with the tip line was crossed out and a note, “Tips are only for normal looking people," it read.
A 20 percent tip would have been about $3.40.
Beck chose not to publicly reveal the name of the patron, and she also decided against confronting them over the billBut she told WHO-TV that when it happened there was “a burning anger inside of me.”
“At first, I felt really upset, I felt attacked, I almost felt like I was back in middle school all over again, like being bullied,” Beeck said.
She's unapologetic about her "weirdo" looks, which consisted of nothing more than pastel hair, dangly earrings, and a nose piercing.
She later posted the receipt on Facebook, which has since been removed, to highlight what an act like this can have on a person.
“I mean I can’t pay my bills if people don’t tip me,” Beeck said. “That’s how I make a living.”
Orchestrate Hospitality, the parent company of Zombie Burger is standing behind its employee and released this statement:
“We believe that Zombie Burger is a place that celebrates individuality.We stand by our staff. We also believe that our customers enjoy zombie burger because it is a wonderfully unique place and that includes the team members. We are in 100% support of our staff.And we’re confident that our customers will be as well. She is an example of a great team member and we are standing by her.”
source: https://t.co/qBgAZTh2jG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so