Skip to main content

Lupita Nyong'o reveals she shaved her hair off 'on a whim' as she covers InStyle


'It was shocking... especially for my mom!' Lupita Nyong'o reveals she shaved her hair off 'on a whim' as she covers InStyle
it was a bold move - especially for a working actress.
But Lupita Nyong'o has revealed that her decision to shave off her hair was taken 'on a whim'.
And the Star Wars: The Force Awakens actress admitted in the April issue of InStyle magazine that she wasn't sure she could pull it off at first. She explained: 'I wasn't sure if I could pull off [the bald look]. Because hair is the frame of the face, right? 'And we
spend so much time on it, trying to get it perfect. It often defines one's beauty and feminine value.
'Almost on a whim, I was like, 'What if I didn't have it?' And so I shaved it all off - I was a complete baldy!'

But it took Lupita a while to adjust to her new look.
'It was shocking at first, especially for my mom,' said the 33-year-old. 'But I learned to embrace my features. And I like myself a lot more now that I'm not constantly fussing over my hair.'
Lupita triumphed in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role category at the 2014 Academy Awards for her role in 12 Years a Slave, but told the magazine she didn't realise it would have such a profound effect on her life.
She said: 'Right after the Oscars, I had no idea what I was going to do next. Zero clue. 
'There's part of me that thought my life would go back to normal. Like at school. But it didn't. I did not get out of that unscathed, you know?' 

Freeing: Lupita says cutting off her hair stopped her from 'obsessing' about itBefore and after: Lupita's changed style

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so