Skip to main content

Creativity: Meet Priscilla Uzero


Hey all, I hope you are doing well and staying safe? As for me, I'm trying the best I can to be safe by God's grace.

Anyway, I saw a creative post on Facebook last week that immediately caught my attention. I
reached out to her and expressed how delighted I was to see her work, interestingly, we attended the same high school. She's glad to share her story with us so let's meet her :)


Priscilla Uzero is a graduate of Civil Engineering, Landmark University, an interior designer and an upcycle artist. She is based in Abuja, Nigeria. She is a passionate environmentalist, intrigued by culture and loves to creatively design and beautify spaces.
She is the founder and creative director of Marie-p Creations, a sustainable furniture and furnishing brand that uses the concept of upcycling for its production. She has participated in multiple exhibitions and two upcycling workshops.

1.   When did you discover this skill?

I discovered the skill of creating beautiful items right from when I was a child, I like to say that I started upcycling even when I had no clue what the term upcycling meant. This was as a result of the availability of regular waste items like cartons, fabrics, etc. in my home and immediate environment

2. What inspired and motivated you?

I was and still inspired/motivated by a passion to create beautiful things and spaces.

3. Have you faced any challenges and how did you overcome it?

The first challenge was the acceptance of my craft & building credibility. Many people didn’t quite understand what I was doing and didn’t see any need to purchase or support. So I found little ways to enlighten people and produce beautiful, quality and irresistible products which have helped me to slowly conquer the hearts of many.

4. What responses have you received from your work?

Most responses have been positive as people really love how creative and beautiful my works are. Which oftentimes lead to a referral.

5. What message do you have for those yet to discover their passion or have a skill?

Everyone was born with a gift/skill, some people are fortunate enough to see their gifting express itself and unable to stay hidden, while some other people might have to search and dig deeper. But my advice would be to keep searching deep within yourself while most importantly consulting your maker because He alone formed and knows what you are and will become.

You can get in touch with her HERE






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stylish Ghana braids you need to see

We all can agree that Ghana braids have been stylish since time immemorial; therefore, it is best to always watch out for the latest braids to keep up with the trend. For my lovely blog readers to always be aware of the latest hair fashion, I make sure the styles on each post are trendy except otherwise stated. Enjoy these modern Ghana weaving. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

More complex Ghana weaving styles

Ghana weaving is not just restricted to the basic form of cornrow styles. This post has more complex Ghana weaving styles that you will not regret getting. Announcement!! We have moved to another website :) Kindly visit the new lifestyle blog  www.gracefulifestyle.com

2018 Cool Braids

How much do you like these? I love them. By the way, I cant wait to show you all my braids. It is so